Friday 23 April 2010

Shortened short list

I thought that Nevada Bobs flight scope was usable on all clubs but unfortunately it's not set up for fairways. Chap was very nice and helpful. Let me whack a few clubs but without seeing the ball flight I was a bit stuffed.

That said one club emerged as a favourite which was the Ping G15. My second favourite was actually the MD but that's all based on how they felt and sounded. So I still need to test on a range, but have a clearer idea of the pecking order.

Also think I'm edging closer to a 3 wood & 5 wood. The G15 lofts are 15.5 & 18.5 which would lead nicely into my 3 iron. Still toying with the idea of a 60 degree lob to complete my set up till the driver comes next year/18 months time.

Comments:

Tiger
It’s odd replying to my own post but spoken to my pro and now I’ve narrowed selection we’re going to look at shaft options. Hopefully, next weekend. Things are looking up!

Homer
Shafts are the engine room and there is a whole world of flex, kick points etc to explore. I think having your pro look at it with you and who knows your swing is a huge boost. Whilst its great to hit a ball on a range and see how it flies, there isn’t anything to tell you whether you are getting optimum performance. Take your time though. There is no rush. A lot of the demo days at local ranges have launch monitors set up so maybe have a scout around and see if there are any coming up near you

Tiger
After today i feel much less pressured. Was striking my 4 & 5 iron really well knocking on 200 yards with the 4. Feel much more comfortable exploring my options with my pro. I just don’t know enough about golf to be making informed choices on technical aspects such as shaft choice. I’ll have a look to see when the next Ping demo day in my area is. Funny thing is that I’ve been working so hard on my long game that the short game is suffering. It’s never ending but that’s what I live about this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment