Sunday 31 October 2010

Nothing Spook-tacular

Played with my mate Graham today. After amassing a truly shocking 9 pts on the front 9 he weighed in with 20 coming home to pip me at the post. I had a really good laugh today and it was enjoyable to have a bit of banter on a round, having played solo since the end of September.

I had 4 blobs today which cost me. Two came on the front nine, bloody leaves, including watching my ball vanishing into a pile on the sixth and still not being able to find it. I scored a shocking 10 on the 15th, great tee shot followed by two consecutive 6 irons hit OOB. The last came on the 18th when I duffed a couple into the water and gave up as I couldn't score. Anyway the win was safe as I had a three point lead. My playing partner then got a 3 for four points. Git!

So 28 points from 14 holes using the new approach and I'm pleased with my new on course thinking. My clubs are being regripped this week and Sunday I'll be playing in the November medal. We've also had our SSS increased to 70 which does seem fair given the recent course improvements. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment