Wednesday 13 October 2010

Clubs...

I have a problem. I've mentioned before that there is a bit of a gap between my Pitching Wedge and my Gap Wedge. Seven degrees to be precise. Not too long ago I was hitting my GW 100 yards and my PW 120. Now I seem to have found an extra 10 yards on the PW but not in the GW and SW. I don't know if it's because I am just generating more height with the more lofted clubs. Or perhaps it is because they are different clubs: AP1 vs Vokey. Whatever it is, it is causing me problems inside 130 yards. So what is the best solution? Is it practice, practice, practice or a change of clubs?

I am sorely tempted to get a 50, 54, 58 wedge set up and when the driver arrives ditch the 3 iron. This does leave me with a 20 yard gap between my 4 iron and hybrid, and will set me back a pretty penny as well. Not to mention making my 3 iron redundant. That said, I could take advantage of the fact that square groove wedges are only available until December. I could then mix and match my clubs from day to day.

But I still have to buy my driver and regrip my clubs and buy some new balls and it would be nice to get some new golf shoes and my golfing wardrobe is getting a little stale...

Anyone want to buy a kidney?

No comments:

Post a Comment