Friday 1 October 2010

September stats

Well I managed to finally break 100 this month, it seems a long time in the making but hopefully I can push on from here and go sub 95 then 90 over the winter months. First things first is breaking 100 again and then making it a habit.

The real difference has been that the chipping and short game practice is starting to pay off, and the swing work coupled with the wonderful G15 hybrid are improving my performance from tee to green (well the vicinity of the green)!

Once again I managed to pile on the hours this month (a whole five minutes more than last month), taking full advantage of the evening light while it lasts and before the clocks go back when I will be compelled to go to the driving range instead. In terms of practice time it is has been devoted to bedding in swing changes with my 8 iron and short game, short game, short game.

Practice


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


0


0%


Other Woods


0


0%


200 - 250 yards


0


0%


150 – 200 yards


0


0%


100 – 150 yards


105


14%


Short Approach


440


60%


Bunker Play


35


5%


Putting


155


21%


Total


735


100%


Rounds
I think its time to draw a line under the 2009/10 season as I am unable to play in our October medal and unlikely to feature in the extra medal week in the middle of the month. So those of you who expected me to be rooted to 28 were spot on. My plan is to continue working hard using time on course to adapt to the changing conditions and then perform well in the winter league (look out for a new poll coming soon). My most recent round where I finally broke 100 also saw me score 39 stableford points, which I hadn't realised and am really chuffed about. I'm also please to report an improvement in most of my statistics (last month in brackets).


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


37% (35%)


18 (19)


Greens in Regulation


16% (15%)


16 (16)


Putts per Round


36.41 (38.77)


21 (25)


Birdie Conversion


7% (12%)


26 (18)


Par Scrambles


5% (0%)


28+ (28+)


Sand Saves


0%


28+


Penalties per Round


2.66 (1.73)


27 (18)


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

Things are most definitely looking up. I'm getting more used to my 3 Wood and know I can knock it 248 yards, the hybrid is consistently going between 220 and 225 and my touch around the greens is improving. Next month is all about getting ready to win my division in the Winter League, which kicks off in November...you know me always shooting for the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment