Friday 8 October 2010

Cold turkey

So what do you do when you can't play golf? The last time I held a club was last Thursday as I raced round to score 99. I'll be honest, it's been a hard week and the ten days will seem like an eternity when I tee it up on Sunday. 

I wanted to make positive use of this break and have re-read parts of Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible. It's been an eye opener, highlighting a couple of glaring errors in my set up for bunker shots. Most notable being the fact that I didn't have my club face anywhere near open enough. 

I have also been working on the mental side if things reading Your 15th Club for the third time. I have been visualising a lot of positive golf this week either shots I have hit or ones I will hit in the future. The break has done me the world of good and I cannot wait to tee it up on Sunday. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment