Sunday 3 October 2010

Stunning

Simply breathtaking. Have arrived in the highlands and have yet to remove my jaw from the floor due to the stunning scenery. It may be a wee bit damp but I do believe that this is heaven on earth. We are staying in the beautiful setting of Whitebridge, just a few miles away from the start of the Baxter's Loch Ness Marathon. The race is underway and my better half is somewhere en route to Inverness, hopefully soaking up the scenery and easily totting up the miles.

Consequently, there is minimal golfing happening this week. So far I have been able to see no coverage of the Ryder Cup, though judging by the deluge those glued to their TV screens haven't seen much either. I do feel sorry for Wales as a lot of people across the World are now acquainted with Newport, unfortunately it is now synonymous with heavy rain. It's a real shame but to be honest, hosting it in Wales in October was asking for trouble.

To keep me ticking over I was delighted to have my copy of Golf Monthly drop through the letterbox as we were departing. I've also brough Mr Pelz and Rotella for company. One thing is for creation, next time I come back to this sumptuous corner of Britain (and there will definitely be a next time) the sticks are coming with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment