Wednesday 27 October 2010

Regripping


Well I have made my grip decision and am going with the Lamkin N-Dur. They feel great on my 8 iron and definitely promote lighter grip pressure. I'm still not sure if 3 layers of tape is enough but I'll be giving the 8 iron a road test on Thursday. Once I'm happy I'll be regripping all my irons and wedges.

What is frustrating is that some clubs don't need doing but I want to have consistency through the iron set. At least next time I'll be able to regrip just the worn ones.

I wanted to also take the opportunity to set myself some pyschological triggers. As a result I have bought five Black/White and five Red/White. The theory being that the red ones go on my 'scoring' clubs. I hope this will remind me that there are a range of clubs I can use in and around the green. If nothing else they add a splash of colour to the bag.

My putter grip is hanging on, it's probably the cord, but I think that will need replacing after the winter. Been looking at the Iomic grips and may go for one of those instead of a replacement Scotty.

Hitting the range tomorrow so hopefully a chance to continue to work on my swing changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment