Tuesday 12 October 2010

Scared of the dark

Well it seems as though Tiger jnr has reached the age where an irrational fear of the cloak of darkness sets in. Cue nightlights, hall lights and plenty of cuddles at bedtime. To be fair to him he is only 2 and perhaps watching Monsters Inc wasn't the best idea, curse you Pixar!

Strangely, whilst surfing the Golf Monthly forum last night I noticed a post from a fellow forumer relating to nocturnal golf practice. I could strongly relate to where he was coming from. How do you make the best use of the dark winter months when you want to practice your short game?

Like my son I am starting develop my own fear of the dark, though I hope mine is slightly more rational. I do feel that I am starting to make progress, especially through my evening practice sessions at the club. As the days draw shorter, an issue accentuated by the clocks going back, I worry that I might lose my way. I've been a dedicated disciple of the short game, short game, short game mantra. In order to sustain this I need to return to the negotiating table with HID to either extend my playing time or secure two visits to the course on the weekend. I don't fancy my chances and fear reprisals that would shake up the inmates of Guantanomo Bay should I persistently raise the matter.

So while I gently rock the little man to sleep, I will have a faint twinge of envy in that his fear can be simply addressed by flicking on a switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment