Tuesday 11 January 2011

I've got some nerve...

I've noticed that my concentration and stamina start to wane on our 12th hole. I'm not as fit as I used to be and am keen to rebuild my fitness levels this year. I may not be able to play footy but that's no excuse for not keeping myself in the best possible shape. So I have embarked upon a mission to rebuild my stamina and hopefully participate in the 2012 London Marathon.

It's going to be a long and gruelling journey. Though my MS symptoms have improved, the effects of Uhthoff's phenomenon are still significant. First run back and completed 5k yesterday, it hurt!

But despite the hangover effects today, I do feel a little better for doing it. Healthy in body and mind is the goal. Mmm maybe I need to look at my diet as well...

My hope is that a positive side effect of this effort will be improved on course performance, especially down the straight. My recent cards have been promising till I've reached the 12/13th. I need to close out my rounds. Winter league round 2 on Saturday. Judging by the weather the course will still be on temps. Well, that will certainly make things interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment