Saturday 1 January 2011

2010 Statistics

Well it has been an interesting year that's for sure. It was great to end it on a high and have a solid base to build from. I have two more lessons to take in early 2011 and then I think I will have a break from tuition and try to take what I have learnt onto the course. With new subs to pay and a driver to save for I can't really afford another block of six anyway.

So what have I learnt? Well quite a lot but the most improtant lesson has been to relax and enjoy playing. Practice when I practice, but play when I play, it is a game after all. My New Year's resolution is to play as much as possible, practice as much as possible and have as much fun as possible on the way.

I don't have any targets regarding competitions or handicap for 2011 but I will be spending as much time working on my short game. When you look at my practice stats you'll see it currently gets a lot of attention.

I have met a lot of people at the club, especially in the past two months and I'm really looking forward to playing with abroad spectrum of golfers and trying some new courses. So what do my stats look like for 2010?

Practice
Over four and a half days of solid practice last year with a clear emphasis on the short game. The new training aids I got for Christmas will hopefully make this practice more focussed. I do really enjoy giving myself mini challenges and chipping & putting are the parts of the game I enjoy the most.


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver

45

1%

Other Woods

340

5%

200 - 250 yards

135

2%

150 – 200 yards

450

7%

100 – 150 yards

1057

15%

Short Approach

3290

49%

Bunker Play

145

2%

Putting

1277

19%

Total

6739

100%

Rounds
To provide a comparison the main figure displayed is based on performance in the last five rounds played. The score in brackets is based on the 26 rounds I played earlier in the year.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation

37% (35%)

18 (19)

Greens in Regulation

11% (12%)

17 (20)

Putts per Round

36 (36.68)

 19 (21)

Birdie Conversion

8% (6%)

 25 (27)

Par Scrambles

8% (4%)

27 (28+)

Sand Saves

0% (2%)

28+

Penalties per Round

4.6 (3.62)

28+ (28+)

The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

So the statistics do show a slight improvement, except for the penalty count!!! It clearly shows that improvements in my short game and fewer penalties will lead to a massive breakthrough in scoring. I'm starting to feel more in control of my swing now and am looking to push on over the next few months ready for the start of the new season in April.

January is a competition packed month with a medal next week, winter league the week after and the rearranged Christmas Texas Scramble the week after that. Now I've got some confidence off the yellows, it's time to use that to tackle the whites.