Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year Resolution

I'm not a big fan of these. They are often over ambitious, whimsical flights of fantasy that dissipate into the ether by the time you've gone back to work. The new World Number One is no exception revealing via twitter that his alcohol free pledge for 2011 had lasted merely a couple of days. Darn that alluring champagne.

Modest achievable resolutions also seem equally pointless. Surely the whole point of a 365 day mission is that it should be taxing, laborious, demanding, frustrating and thoroughly uplifting if you actually manage to complete it.

However, this year is slightly different. I have set myself something straight forward with a more challenging end goal. My putting hasn't been good since the cold snap,  but before I descend into a Sergio Garcia esque collapse of confidence, I am taking positive action.

I got some short game training aids for Christmas and am committing to spend at least 60 minutes a week practicing my putting. Started this evening with my No 3 Putt training aid and my putting mat. I have to say it's blinking hard but I can see how it should improve my short putts. Reviews of both my new training aids will appear soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment