Wednesday 3 March 2010

The unscratchable itch...

I've got a problem now. Up till last week I really enjoyed my lunchtime practice sessions. I've been out in freezing cold and wet conditions honing my short game with numb hands. Problem is I've now tasted the fruit of the forbidden tree and I want more.

The range is no longer as satisfying, the putting practice not as rewarding and the time spent on the heath not as fulfilling. All I want to do is play. Work on my game on the course, with nasty sloping lies and consequences for each and every shot. I want to pitch over water, chip over sand and putt over undulating seas of neat trimmed grass.

I want to stroll through lush parkland, enjoying the company of friends and pitting myself against whatever challenges are thrown my way.

Unfortunately, for the next 28 days and six hours it's an itch I am goIng to struggle to scratch. Thing is that I have finally succumbed the collective wisdom of the masses that a GPS is the way forward. That coupled to my impending subs means that finances are tight and opportunities to play full courses even tighter.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and this promises to be a long and frustrating month.

Comments:

Hearty Harry
Tiger Tiger, Listen to yourself! Do you really want to stop yourself playing golf for a month? You could really make a lot of progress in the next month by getting out on a full 18 hole course in preparation for being a member. Instead you will have a shiny new GPS that tells you that you are 4,000 or so yards away from the golf course that you should be playing on!

Could you not save up for the GPS instead? There is no collective wisdom as the golfing world is split right down the middle on DMDs!

Tiger
Hey Harry, It’s actually the money for golf club membership that is holding me back from playing this month (I know how ironic)! The DMD is coming next. I’m hoping to get one game on a short course (par 62) and the course I’m joining. Thing is if I had it my way I’d be playing a minimum of 4/5 times!!! Love the image of sitting at home with a DMD measuring the distance to the first green . Unfortunately, I think it’s a necessary evil but once I’m a member you’ll have to drag me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment