Saturday 13 March 2010

Long irons are back

Had an extremely productive lesson and range session today. Overhinge has been plaguing my ball striking meaning that more often than not I take a shovel sized divot and send the ball forward just a few feet.

So let's get the technical stuff out of the way. I need to keep the club in hand more preventing the wrist cocking, which is currently making the club go way past horizontal. I've got some exercises to work on which worked well on the range.

What this means in practice is that my swing is slower, shorter and ball striking much improved. It also means that the long irons are back in the bag. It also reinforced the need for me to have someone there to help your swing technique. It was so interesting having him film bits of my swing and show them to me where I thought I was under doing it and was still overdoing it.

I've still got a long way to go but have a full understanding of what a good swing feels like.

Comments:

Simon Hutton
>my swing is slower, shorter and ball striking much improved

I keep getting told that by not only the tutor, but almost every golfer I play with! Knowing it is easy… doing it is not so!

Tiger
Couldn’t agree more – simple in theory seemingly impossible in practice! Good luck with your quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment