Monday 29 March 2010

Time to reflect

My footballing exploits were drawn to a premature end in August 2008. As the season begun I had high hopes of beating my previous year's tally of 22 goals and successfully defending my position of top goalscorer. Sadly illness intervened but one year later I began a new, exciting challenge where I could compete on par with anyone. My addiction to golf had begun.

As I write I sit in hospital undergoing what will hopefully be my final three day course of treatment. I'll never be seen beating defenders for pace, or battering them into submission but I hope to be seen regularly knocking it stiff from 120 yards.

It's given me a chance to digest more golfing reading fodder, become excited about The Masters for the first time ever and take stock of where my game has got to over the past 8 months.

I'll save the game analysis for another day, for now I'm just grateful that golf has provided me with an opportunity to sustain my enthusiasm and passion for competitive and recreational sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment