Thursday 28 January 2010

The novice strikes back

It wasn't spectacular or a particularly special jaunt round the par three. But after my disastrous last outing I needed to put some demons to bed. I'm still not pleased with how I played with my putting the only stand out component of my game. Chipping still needs major work, particularly my technique.

Playing with just three clubs I often didn't have as much choice meaning I was consistently short of the green on well struck shots. I'd then hit two horrendous chips before putting it close from way off the green.

In fact I only took a total of 14 putts the trouble was the 20 shots between the putting and the tee shot. In the end I carded a 43 an ok round, demons banished and a very clear idea of how I need to improve. The novice had struck back...

No comments:

Post a Comment