Tuesday 26 January 2010

From the not that sublime to the utterly ridiculous!

I'm at centre parcs this week with the family. Playing havoc with my practice as my golf has been limited by my better half. However, I managed to get dispensation to nip off and play the par three. After my performance at the range I had high expectations. This was probably my first mistake. If it wasn't, not taking my time certainly was.

This was my first time playing on my own and it wasn't a joyous experience. So last time out I hit 38, didn't hit any GIR but then had great chipping practice. This time...52...yes you heard me correctly fifty blinking two!!!! That is my worst score ever!I'm

But no excuses. Yes it was on rubbish mats (but I abandoned them after three holes), yes it was on temp greens (but that doesn't affect balls hit into the woods), yes it was the first time I played the course (but apart from one hole it wasn't that challenging). No the reason I hit 52 is because today I was rubbish. But do you know what I'm not bothered. Seriously, I've gone all Catherine Tate, actually honestly non-plussed. But why.

The reason is I learn more when I play badly. Today I learnt loads:

1. I need to be more disciplined when I play on my own
2. I must try harder not to focus on hazards as when I do my ball is drawn to them like a moth to a flame
3. I must remember not to give up when it's going tits up as I am still learning
4. Actually I must remember that I'm still learning

so how did I score? Three holes wrecked my card. Today I hit 5,4,8,4,5,9,8,5,4. Hit two GIR but then three putted argh! But I'm going back for another stab on Thursday. I'll let you know how I fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment