Saturday 18 December 2010

Snow joke

As the country grinds to a halt due to the latest flurry of snow I've been left reeling. For the second year in a row I have scheduled to finish work before Xmas, planned a shedload of golf and will most likely be left frustrated once again. So the range and plenty of putting on carpet it is then.

What makes it worse is that the two golf items on my wish list for Christmas will be left completely redundant. I'm keen to improve my short game and have asked for a No 3 Putt hole reducer and a couple of target circles.

My plan for 2011 is to play as much as possible and when it gets lighter try and squeeze in a few holes rather than hitting the range/practice hole. The vast majority of what practice time I have will be spent on short game, including regular testing against the Pelz Short Game & Putting tests.

I am cutting a frustrated figure at the moment but it has given me the chance to enjoy even more quality time with Tiger jnr and we had a great day today at a play barn and a local farm. Thank heavens for kids!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello mate. I share your frustration. On the plus side I have both a #3 hole reducer and some circle targets and can tell you both are invaluable training aids. The hole reducer in particular makes you feel invincible on the 2-4 footers after a while. However with the second much smaller ring in, it is virtually impossible and does become more frustrating than useful.

    I have a 1 and 3 foot circle which I put down on the putting green around a hole or two when I'm working on the long putting and chipping. Helps a lot with visualisation and gives you an incentive to see how many you can mkae into the target.

    Hope the snow clears soon and you can get out and use them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin

    Good news that you've found both aids helpful. I think I need more focussed practice on the short game. Planning on using the double ring on putts up to 4 foot and the single ring on putts from 4 - 10 feet. Might invest in the 1 foot circle at a later date but thought best to start large!!!

    As for the snow, it's looking like the course will be closed to the New Year. Gutted but such is life, at least I can have fun with Tiger jnr while we wait for it to clear.

    ReplyDelete