Tuesday 28 December 2010

Golf at last

I'm lucky. Today I played golf. Well I say golf, there were winter tees, temporary greens, a dodgy swing and a bitterly cold wind. That said I consider myself lucky to have got out and played some. I also had the opportunity to play with two new guys at the club. Chris and Ken were about to tee off when I walked up to the first and they asked me to join them. Really friendly my club and it was great to play the front nine with those guys. Ken played recently in the One Arm Golfer World Championships and was telling me how the longest drive on that day went 324 yards. Amazing!

It was nice to get out and get the shoulders working. Took a half set and my carry bag. Hit some nice shots, some not so nice. Once again the key is just to swing and not try to hit the ball. I cannot believe that I am STILL battling that demon. Watching Ken play helped to reinforce the message, especially his short game wow!
Hoping to play again on Thursday afternoon/Friday but it will be some time before our greens are open for business. Garage putting, chipping in the garden, pitching on the heath and driving at the range it is then.

No comments:

Post a Comment