Thursday 3 December 2009

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Wedge


More bounce, loft and finish options than you can shake a small stick at? Check. Excellent versatility and great feel? Check. Beautifully engineered and designed? Check.

These are great clubs and having tried Callaway, Mizuno and Cleveland wedges these for me were the stand out performer. The consistency of clean strike and distance has helped improve my confidence in my shortened and full swing. As a result I am now stopping the ball much faster on longer approaches and generating a reasonable amount of back spin. Once again with titleist the only real stumbling block may be the price especially as wedges are the clubs you are likely to change most frequently. But even at a higher price I just can't fault them.

If only the loft on my AP1 PW was more than 45 degrees. My dilemma now is do I make do with a 52 & 56 and save space for an extra hybrid/fairway, or do I get a 60 degree lob wedge. Based on how much I love these clubs the lob wedge might win....

No comments:

Post a Comment