Wednesday 2 December 2009

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.7

Aesthetically this is a beautiful wand and will hopefully be a constant companion on my golfing odyssey. Inevitably there will be days when we fall out and the Scottys good looks will not be a sufficient redeeming factor. On those days I will try and remind myself that when I putt well this stick gets the ball rolling beautifully and on line. I'll remember that I can feel every mishit and every pure strike and I'll endeavour to control myself not to launch it off the green into a neighbouring bunker.

This isn't just a work of art but a very well engineered piece of kit with a lovely curved shaft that allows the head to sit beautifully at address and with the extra weight (mines a heavy) I have a nice controlled swing. In fact the only bad thing I have to say about this putter is the price. Then again if it lasts a lifetime, which it should, I'd see it as a very astute investment.

Before my Scotty arrived I used my friends odyssey two ball and averaged 2.2 putts per hole. I now average 1.75 and as my approach play improves I expect that figure to continue to fall. Putters are a personal choice so my only recommendation is if you have a straight back, straight through swing like me and want to treat yourself to a new wand, give this club a try, you might just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment