Sunday 27 December 2009

All the gear...

I've been very fortunate on the gear front so far. A hefty contribution into the golf kitty from my family for my 30th, lessons from my other half and
a little bit of compensation have all meant that I've been able to get my clubs, bag, waterproofs and clothing before Xmas. I even found an old pair of spikes that I had to buy to hack my way round a course for my cousin's 40th about ten years ago.

Understanding my now obsession with all that is golf, the family have once again played a blinder and I now have:

  • a new pair of FootJoys

  • six more golf lessons

  • a putting mat (we've got wooden floors everywhere!); and

  • a Yes! V-Easy


There generosity has meant I have, without even a soupcon of guilt, also bought a couple of Bob Rotella books, 'Putting out of your mind' and 'Golf is not a game of perfect'. I might also be purchasing a copy of 'Dream On' a tale of one man's mission to play an even par round in a year - though I have a feeling that this may be somewhat depressing.

Anyway thanks to the family for giving my golfing quest the best possible start. The only problem is that when the chips are down - I won't be able to blame the kit...

No comments:

Post a Comment